Had Jhem or Shen
- had Shem and Son → had Hem or Sen → had Jhem or Sen → had Jhem or Shen
- had: "Had! The manifestation of Nuit" - First line of Aleister Crowley's Liber AL Legis. Had is a shorthand for Hadit, the Thelemic version of Horus. Notice it happens four times in this page, and al (the key to the Book of the Law) happens four times on the previous one (Page 628) : "The keys to. Given! A way a lone a last a loved along the".
- Shem: one of Earwicker's twins
- Shem (Hebrew) ha-Shem "the name", i.e. God. One possible pronunciation for the Tetragrammaton YHWH.
- Shem, Ham & Japhet: in Genesis, the three sons of Noah
- Noah planted the vine and was drunk – Joyce, in a letter (15 November 1926) to Harriet Shaw Weaver
- Jhem or Shen: Jameson → John Jameson & Sons Ltd, Dublin whiskey distillers → twin of Arthur Guinness & Sons Ltd, Dublin brewery
- Shaun: one of Earwicker's twins → sometimes identified in FW with Stanislaus Joyce, and sometimes with the author's would-be elder brother, who died in infancy in 1881 before James Joyce's birth (see Ellmann, James Joyce, p. 21)
- shen ?: (Chinese) god, spirit